Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ode to the Mobile


My heart does sommersaults at the sound of your sweet lullabies.
I delight in your bright colors that dance through the air.
And when you play, mommy hears no cries,
Maybe she will have time to blowdry her hair.

Oh, mobile...what would I do with out you!


Well, Ava's cold is finally getting better....13 days later. She seems to be just fine during the day. Now we only to rescue her from coughing fits at night. Other than the humidifier, we are still giving her medicine and sucking out the 'good stuff' from her nose (which you can imagine how much she loves).

Sleeping is going sooooo much better now. We haven't been doing anything different yet, but I think that getting rid of the cold is the biggest help. She has been sleeping 8-11 hours at night with only one or two wakings. The body snatchers have returned my sweet little girl! You
cannot imagine how much better I have been feeling. So this week we are going to try to work on napping in her crib. Basically, she has been sleeping on my chest for naps because she wakes up after about a half hour in the crib (this does not apply when she is at Nana's where she will sleep for up to 3 hours on Nana's bed...grrrrrr.....). Finally, I see a glimmer of hope!

No comments: