1. To start, find photos of Elmo, Cookie Monster and Big Bird. I made sure the photos I selected could be identified by just the outline and had a unique gesture.
2. In Photoshop, delete the background (although I don't think you have to do this). Resize the photos to fit the right size frame (I used an 8" X 10") and print.
3. Using a repositionable (low tack) spray adhesive, glue the photo to the back of a black piece of cardstock. Regular weight paper would probably work but, I didn't want the edges to curl or rip.
4. Cut out along the outline of the character using a sharp Xacto knife.
5. Peel the photo off the black paper.
6. Using a permanent spray adhesive, I glued the black paper onto a matching color paper (Red for Elmo, Blue for Cookie Monster, Yellow for Big Bird).
7. Stick them in frames and you're done!
Original pic found here.
More projects to come! Follow me on Pintrest!