Monday, August 8, 2011

Finally Finished...Again


You may remember this piece from way back in March, when I thought that it might be done....but, oh no, it was not! It has been nagging me quite a bit since then. It looked a bit incomplete and the message seemed to be unclear. I have been hunting for a mother/daughter quote to top it all off, but had the hardest time. Yesterday, with the reality that summer is coming to a close and the Rockford Artist Fair is coming up, I got into high gear. So here is what I found:
It was actually a quote from a book on friendship. The words read, "I only wish you could see what I see when I look at you." (by Kobi Yamada). When I read that quote, it all clicked into place for me. My original intention with this painting was to show that deep connection between mother and daughter and it turned into sending a message to my daughter. I have so many wishes for my daughter, but one the biggest ones has to be that she be gentle with herself.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love love this quote. It made my eyes well up! These paintings will be great gifts from mothers to daugthers.

lizzie w said...

Thanks so much! I had been working on this painting for a long time, it was a tough one for me. Glad you like it ;)